About the Program
The Streamlining for Growth Program is funded by the Victorian State Government and managed by the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA). It aims to provide support and capacity building for councils in regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne. Through the provision of targeted funding and staff resources, including development facilitation officers, the program assists to unblock delays in the strategic planning system and speed up the delivery of projects that provide employment growth and/or increased housing choice, diversity and affordability.
The program was developed and administered by the VPA for the 2016/17 financial year, and on 1 February 2017 the Treasurer, Tim Pallas, announced that the Victorian Government was extended the program for a further three years. This will bring the total investment in the program to $16 million over four years. Find out more here.
We are very pleased to be able to continue working with our local government colleagues to open up sites for housing and jobs.
Aims of the program
- build council capacity through grants and assistance
- ensure a land supply pipeline to facilitate regional growth
- implement Regional Growth Plans
- undertake master planning for strategic sites
- streamline post-PSP subdivision approvals processes and provide strategic planning backlog support in greenfield growth areas
- provide strategic planning support for Councils in established areas, to clear backlogs that help unlock brownfield and strategic development sites.
How to Apply
Applications for the Streamlining for Growth Program are currently closed. The VPA is currently reviewing all applications received and will contact applicants shortly.
For more information, see contact information below.
Dean Rochfort (General enquiries)
(03) 9651 9689
Paul Byrne (Greenfield areas)
(03) 9651 9631
Tim Peggie (Regional areas)
(03) 9651 9617
Steve Dunn (Existing metropolitan areas)
(03) 9651 9603