The purpose of the SfG (Streamlining for Growth) Library is to showcase various exemplar SfG funded projects to facilitate shared learnings and innovation progression. This responds to one of the key overall program objectives being to support innovative and replicable processes. SfG funded projects often provide guidelines, frameworks or principles that can be adopted or adapted in other planning endeavours. The VPA encourages Councils to variously refer to these projects and, where relevant, contact the document author to gain their insight and seek direction.
Better Regulation and Streamlining Processes
The primary purpose of this stream is to simplify, streamline and accelerate processes for strategic plan preparation (including PSP) and post-VPA strategic planning activities and infrastructure coordination in high growth areas.
- Growth Area Councils Permit Assessment Health Check Report (Mesh) May 2019 (PDF)
- Growth Area Councils Permit Assessment Health Check Report – Appendices (Mesh) May 2019 (PDF)
- Forum – Planning and Building Approvals Process Review – VPA Slides – Better Regulation Victoria – October 2019 (PDF)
- Forum – Busting Development Industry Myths – City of Melton – October 2019 (PDF)
- Scoping Study Report – Role of utilities in the subdivision approvals process – June 2018 (PDF)
- Generally in Accordance – Guidance Note – April 2020 (PDF)
- Greenfield Subdivision Permits – A Model Approach – May 2020 (PDF)
- Precinct Structure Planning Guidelines – VPA webpage
The primary purpose of this stream is to unlock at-scale zoned land supply and development in transport precincts, business precincts, activity centres, National Employment and Innovations Clusters, along train and tram routes, and on arterial roads.
- Benchmark Infrastructure Costings – VPA webpage
- Benchmark Infrastructure Report (Cardno) April 2019 (PDF)
- Jacksons Hill Master Plan – October 2018 (PDF) (Gazetted)
- East Village Comprehensive Development Plan (City of Glen Eira) May 2020 (PDF) (Gazetted)
- Caulfield Station Precinct – VPA webpage (Handed over to Council)
- Latrobe National Employment and Innovation Centre – Draft Framework Plan – March 2017 (PDF)
- Altona North Comprehensive Development Plan (August 2018) (PDF) (Gazetted)
- Wallan King and Queen Street Master Plan – Mitchell Shire Council – December 2021 (PDF) (Adopted)
The primary purpose of this stream is to unlock at-scale zoned land supply and development in regional cities, peri-urban towns and other urban areas in Victoria’s regions experiencing growth pressure.
- Benalla Urban Growth Strategy – Analysis Report – October 2019 (PDF) (Adopted)
- Central Portland Employment Precinct – Development Plan – July 2020 (PDF) (Adopted)
- Madeira-Packet Employment Precinct – Development Plan – July 2020 (PDF) (Adopted)
- North Portland Industrial Precinct – Development Plan – July 2020 (PDF) (Adopted)
- The VPA Working in Latrobe Valley – Progress Report & Evaluation – March 2020 (PDF) (Final)
- Shepparton & Mooroopna Regional City Growth Plan – March 2021 (PDF) (Adopted)
- Wonthaggi Activity Centre Plan – Activity Centre Plan – January 2021 (PDF) (Adopted)
- Bacchus Marsh Urban Growth Framework – Final Report – August 2018 (PDF) (Gazetted)
The following work was commissioned by the VPA to evaluate the SfG Program and establish a set of measures to assess the program’s benefits.
The following provides some case studies of SfG funded projects:
- Wyndham Priority Paid Resourcing Pilot – VPA webpage (2017)
- Cardinia Shire Council – Functional Layout Plan Resourcing Assistance – VPA webpage (2017)
- Greater Bendigo City Council (CoGB) – Plan Greater Bendigo – VPA webpage (2019)