Shepparton South East Precinct Structure Plan
The Victorian Planning Authority (VPA), in consultation with Greater Shepparton City Council and Government agencies, is preparing the Shepparton South East Precinct Structure Plan to guide new urban development in Shepparton.
The Shepparton South East Precinct Structure Plan will provide up to 2,500 homes to accommodate a population of more than 6,000. The precinct structure plan will build upon existing commercial land with retail centre and extensive existing aged care accommodation, while improving community facilities and local parks.
The Shepparton South East Precinct Structure Plan is the largest of five proposed major growth corridors in the Shepparton-Mooroopna urban area. The precinct applies to approximately 385 hectares of land and is bounded by the Midland Highway (Benalla Road) to the north, the Shepparton Alternate Route (Doyles Road) to the east, the Broken River to the south and the existing limit of residential development to the west.
Key opportunities for the precinct include:
- encourage commercial and aged care facilities
- improvements to open space network
- provision for local town centres and community facilities
- integrate with adjoining Activity Centre and employment areas
- flood mitigation and improvements to drainage
- deliver local road networks.