Planning for new growth area communities is a multi-faceted process and one which can vary across different councils and contexts. The positive outcomes of social planning ensures support services and infrastructure are delivered early in new developments.
The Growth Areas Social Planning Tool is a web-based application that can assist councils and other social planning professionals in establishing a coordinated process for social planning. The online tool assists with community building through collaborative social planning by:
- Articulating a vision of community wellbeing
- Establishing the guiding principles for social planning
- Outlining a process for local government to establish partnerships with internal departments and external stakeholders
- Providing resources and relevant links to inform decision-making, implementation and evaluation
- Providing resources to assist stakeholders in advocating for growth area social planning
- Providing practitioners with an avenue to interact with one another and share good practice.