2022-2023 Grant Program – Approved
The 2022-2023 Streamlining for Growth (SfG) grants have been approved by the Victorian Planning Authority’s Board.
The VPA received a high volume and calibre of applications to ensure the continued delivery of the SfG Program objectives. For the full list of successful applications, refer to SfG 2022 – 2023 Grant Program – Approved Projects (PDF)
Applications were assessed in accordance with the SfG Application Assessment Framework and Criteria.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions to find out more.
The Streamlining for Growth Program (SfG Program) was established in 2016. The Program aims to facilitate faster (and more cost-effective) permit ready delivery of employment and residential land across Victoria.
The SfG Program focuses on projects that unlock and accelerate the delivery of at-scale, permit-ready employment, and residential land in areas subject to population growth pressures and/or experiencing shortages of land for housing or jobs. It aligns with VPA’s core function as the State Government’s lead agency for delivering planning and infrastructure coordination solutions in designated areas across Victoria.
Regional councils may also wish to consider how their preparations for the 2026 Commonwealth Games could align with the SfG selection criteria such as the development of strategic precincts or sites.
The SfG Program and operates to:
- Support economic growth by delivering, unblocking, or accelerating strategic planning, statutory planning, infrastructure coordination and related projects.
- Accelerate the delivery of at-scale zoned and permit ready employment and residential land
- Simplify, streamline, and accelerate post VPA strategic planning (including PSPs) approvals and infrastructure coordination processes.
- Increase housing supply, choice, and affordability.
- Build capability and capacity in councils via delivering red tape reduction and ongoing and systemic improvements to performance and outputs.
The SfG Program is delivered in strong partnership with local government through two mechanisms:
- Council Grants projects – Typically Council-led projects funded predominantly by direct cash grants, and sometimes assisted by VPA staff in an advisory or facilitatory capacity (at Council’s request and VPA’s approval).
- VPA-led projects – Typically VPA-led projects that support delivery of housing and jobs via strategic land use planning or improved processes and systems, delivered by VPA staff and VPA appointed consultants.
For all enquiries, or to discuss your potential grant project and application, please contact:
Planning Coordinator Streamlining for Growth
Telephone: (03) 8644 8845
Executive Assistant Streamlining for Growth Project Support Officer
Telephone: (03) 9651 9677
Telephone: (03) 9651 9606 / 0414 015 916
Or email the Streamlining for Growth administration at StreamliningforGrowth@vpa.vic.gov.au
- SfG Program Council Grants – Application Assessment Framework and Criteria (PDF)
- SfG Program – Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Growth Area Councils Permit Assessment Health Check (Mesh) May 2019 (PDF)
- VPA – Business Plan 2022/2023 (PDF)
- SfG 2022 – 2023 Grant Program – Approved Projects (PDF)
- Plan Melbourne 2017-2050 (Web)
- Regional Growth Plans (Web)
- SfG – 2022-2023 VPA Grant Round – Metropolitan and Growth Area Councils Information Session – April 2022 (Video)
- SfG – 2022-2023 VPA Grant Round – Regional Councils Information Session – April 2022 (Video)
- SfG 2022-2023 VPA PowerPoint Grants Information Session (PDF)