The Streamlining for Growth Program is funded by the Victorian State Government and managed by the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA). It aims to provide support and capacity building for councils in regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne. Through the provision of targeted funding and staff resources, the Program assists to unblock or fast-track planning projects and processes to accelerate the delivery employment and residential land. Achieve employment growth, housing choice and affordability. And improve the alignment of infrastructure delivery with planning.
The Program has a focus on delivering zoned and permit-ready land to unlock urban growth and development across the State, and also supports streamlining of post-plan approval processes in urban areas across Victoria.
The key aims of the Program are:
In Regional Councils:
- delivering on priorities and directions set in Regional Growth Plans
- undertaking master planning for strategic sites
- building capacity in local councils
- supporting planning projects that assist in state and local bushfire recovery.
- streamline post-Precinct Structure Plan subdivision approvals processes and provide strategic planning backlog support in Greenfield growth areas
- provide strategic planning support for Councils in established areas, clear backlogs that help unlock brownfield and strategic development sites, unlock development activity in activity centres and key transport routes as well as facilitate growth and value capture.
2020-21 Grant Program – Now Open!
The Streamlining for Growth grant funding round for local councils is now open for a 6-week period until the 9th of October 2020.
Please refer to the detailed list of the Streamlining for Growth 2020-21 Project Assessment Objectives (PDF) to assist in the development of your project ideas and scoping.
When you are ready to apply, click the below link:
This round there will be a particular priority on considering projects that can help stimulate investment and economic growth in response to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and to support recovery of bushfire-affected cities and towns.
In addition, project assessments will also look favourably on projects which:
- are of an appropriate scale to deliver significant outcomes
- will deliver substantial process and / or capacity improvement across several councils
- support the direction of the Better Regulation Victoria Planning and Building Approvals Process Review work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see an answer to your question above? Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
For all enquiries, or to discuss your potential grant project and application, please contact:
Or email the Streamlining for Growth administration at StreamliningforGrowth@vpa.vic.gov.au