About the Program
The Streamlining for Growth Program is funded by the Victorian State Government and managed by the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA). It aims to provide support and capacity building for councils in regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne. Through the provision of targeted funding and staff resources, including development facilitation officers, the program assists to unblock delays in the strategic planning system and speed up the delivery of projects that provide employment growth and/or increased housing choice, diversity and affordability.
The program was developed and administered by the VPA for the 2016/17 financial year, and on 1 February 2017 the Treasurer, Tim Pallas, announced that the Victorian Government was extended the program for a further three years. This will bring the total investment in the program to $16 million over four years. Find out more here.
We are very pleased to be able to continue working with our local government colleagues to open up sites for housing and jobs.
Aims of the program
- build council capacity through grants and assistance
- ensure a land supply pipeline to facilitate regional growth
- implement Regional Growth Plans
- undertake master planning for strategic sites
- streamline post-PSP subdivision approvals processes and provide strategic planning backlog support in greenfield growth areas
- provide strategic planning support for Councils in established areas, to clear backlogs that help unlock brownfield and strategic development sites.
How to Apply
Councils are invited to apply for Streamlining for Growth Program project support. Applications are now open and should be submitted by
Friday 5 May 2017.
You can apply by:
- Downloading and completing the Streamlining for Growth Program application form 2017-2018
- Entering your details and attaching your completed Streamlining for Growth form below, then clicking submit.
Dean Rochfort (General enquiries)
(03) 9651 9689
Paul Byrne (Greenfield areas)
(03) 9651 9631
Tim Peggie (Regional areas)
(03) 9651 9617
Steve Dunn (Existing metropolitan areas)
(03) 9651 9603