The Streamlining for Growth Program is funded by the Victorian State Government and managed by the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA). It aims to provide support and capacity building for councils in regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne. Through the provision of targeted funding and staff resources, the program assists to unblock or fast-track planning projects and processes to accelerate the delivery of employment and residential land, achieve employment growth, housing choice and affordability, and improve the alignment of infrastructure delivery with planning.
The program has a focus on delivering zoned and permit-ready land to unlock urban growth and development across the state, and also supports streamlining of post-plan approval processes in urban areas across Victoria.
For 2020-21, the program has an emphasis on projects which stimulate a post-COVID and bushfire economic recovery.
The key aims of the program are:
In Regional Councils:
- delivering on priorities and directions set in Regional Growth Plans
- undertaking master planning for strategic sites
- building capacity in local councils
- supporting planning projects that assist in state and local bushfire recovery.
- streamline post-Precinct Structure Plan subdivision approvals processes and provide strategic planning backlog support in Greenfield growth areas
- provide strategic planning support for Councils in established areas, clear backlogs that help unlock brownfield and strategic development sites, unlock development activity in activity centres and key transport routes as well as facilitate growth and value capture.
2020-21 Grant Program Approved!
The 2020-21 Streamlining for Growth grants have been approved by the Minister for Planning.
The VPA received a high volume and calibre of applications to ensure the continued delivery of the Streamlining for Growth Program objectives.
Program enquiries, including its objectives, approved 2020-21 grants and the potential 2021-22 funding round can be directed to:
Executive Assistant/ Streamlining for Growth Project Support Officer
Telephone: (03) 8644 8818
Planning Manager – Streamlining for Growth Implementation
Telephone: (03) 9651 9600
Or email the Streamlining for Growth administration at StreamliningforGrowth@vpa.vic.gov.au