The Streamlining for Growth Program (SfG Program) was established in 2016. The Program aims to facilitate faster (and more cost-effective) permit ready delivery of employment and residential land across Victoria.
The SfG Program focuses on projects that unlock and accelerate the delivery of at-scale, permit-ready employment and residential land in areas subject to population growth pressures and/or experiencing shortages of land for housing or jobs. It aligns with VPA’s core function as the State Government’s lead agency for delivering planning and infrastructure coordination solutions in designated areas across Victoria.
The SfG Program operates to:
- Support economic growth by delivering, unblocking or accelerating strategic planning, statutory planning, infrastructure coordination and related projects.
- Accelerate the delivery of at-scale, zoned and permit-ready employment and residential land.
- Simplify, streamline and accelerate post-VPA strategic planning (including PSPs) approvals and infrastructure coordination processes.
- Increase housing supply, choice and affordability.
- Build capability and capacity in councils via delivering red tape reduction and ongoing and systemic improvements to performance and outputs.
The SfG Program is delivered in strong partnership with local government through two mechanisms:
- Council Grants projects – Typically Council-led projects funded predominantly by direct cash grants, and sometimes assisted by VPA managed consultants and / or VPA staff (at Council’s request and VPA’s approval).
- VPA-led projects – Typically VPA-led projects that support delivery of housing and jobs via strategic land use planning or improved processes and systems, delivered by VPA staff and VPA appointed consultants.
2021-22 Grant Program is now closed
The application period for the 2021-22 Streamlining for Growth grants program for local councils is now closed. The VPA is assessing the applications and will contact Councils when the grants are approved.
The State Government allocated $3.15 Million for Streamlining for Growth Council grants in 2021-22 across three funding Streams:
- Metropolitan Melbourne
- Regional Victoria
- Better Regulation and Streamlined Processes (Metropolitan and Regional Areas)
Applications will be assessed against the criteria using the assessment framework. Refer to the SfG Program Council Grants – Application Assessment Framework and Criteria – July 2021 (PDF).
For all enquiries, or to discuss your potential grant project and application, please contact:
Executive Assistant Streamlining for Growth Project Support Officer
Telephone: (03) 8644 8818
Planning Manager – Streamlining for Growth Implementation
Telephone: 0411 104 587
Or email the Streamlining for Growth administration at StreamliningforGrowth@vpa.vic.gov.au